[RBS] built-in,range,stand alone,??? form and function?

M A mamericus at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 1 21:39:41 IST 2011

Lots of questions for anyone who has something to say about whether to design a kitchen with a stand alone oven (is there one that has two separately controlled compartments AND/or is self clean (can be kashered for Pesach?), or built in ovens and a range.  We are looking for practical functionality and space is somewhat a consideration.

Interested in experiences and opinions positive and otherwise with regard to brand, model, functionality with regard to cleaning, cooking capacity, durability (e.g. did the "stainless look" on the control knobs, bubble and peel off after two months/a year, or does it have double paned glass that became dirty in between the panes when you accidnetally dropped your roast on the oven door as you were trying to get it to the counter, and it was a real pain to clean out since you had to disassemle the entire door (without breaking the glass panes!) to even attempt to clean it!?)  Does the range have electronic ignition, and do the burners stay lit, when you want to cook on a low flame...?

We are in Israel, B"H, so I am sure there are some great stories out there, (and it is almost Adar so it is a great time for "only in Israel" stories) so please share you thoughts with us.  If you are one of those who has great ideas about maximizing space and your offer you ideas freely, we welcome your insights.

Thanks.
M. Americus
077-431-0116
aliyah 2007