[RBS] lachish mikva

marti winston martirobin2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 15:19:04 IST 2011

  Hi everyone
I went to use the keli mikvah on Nachal Lachish yeserday.
The drain directly in front of the dish mikva was clogged and all the old
spoiled water was just sitting there.
Someone had put a wooden board across so that people could sort of get to
the dish mikva without sinking in the muck.
As has been posted in the past, the stairs leading down to the mikva/boys
school are broken and uneven.
Nothing I could do about that.
There is garbage everywhere too.
Until today the stairs leading down had become so overgrown with weeds that
it was impossible to hold on as you decended.
I realized it was a dangerous situation.
Chas veshalom someone should fall!
Well, today I went back with my clippers in hand.
Most of the water has dried up but it is still quite slippery next to the
dish mikva.
I trimmed all the overgrown weeds I could reach (I am only 5 feet tall)
Unfortunately, as I am disabled, I could not carry the weeds and branches
back up the broken stairs to throw them out.
So, if any other good samaritans out there wish to help out, please feel
free to pick up the cuttings and drop them in the dumpster on Lachish.
I did my best, now someone else needs to finish the job please so no know
gets hurt.
Kol tov and thank you
Marti