[RBS] Join us in Sderot

Yehuda and Rebecca Poch butrfly at actcom.co.il
Thu Feb 24 22:19:37 IST 2011

An organized trip to Sderot will be taking place on Friday March 4, in
keeping with the spirit of Parshat Shkalim and Matanot LaEvyonim.  The
trip will be leaving from the corner of Nahal Ein Gedi and Nahal Hever
at 8:00 am in private vehicles (drivers needed).
We will be spending the morning in Sderot, assisting with the
distribution of food to the needy of that city through the Afikim
BaNegev Mercaz Chesed.

Avichai Amusi, head of the Mercaz Chesed (and a real mentsch) will be
hosting us during the event, and will explain to us the essential nature
of the Mercaz Chesed's various programs for the cities poor and
elderly.  Donations are NOT necessary during this trip, but will be
gratefully accepted.

Following our participation in the distribution of food, a tour of
Sderot will be offered for anyone interested (weather permitting).
Points of interest in the tour will include the lookout hill from where
you can see the Gaza Strip, Ashkelon, the sea (on a clear day) and
everything in between, as well as an outdoor park where the toys and
facilities double as bomb shelters, and possibly a visit to the
collection of Kassam rocket shells, depending on a police permit.  The
tour will be guided in English, with Hebrew if requested.  There is also
a possibility that we will be able to meet residents of Sderot who have
been hurt in rocket attacks and learn about their situations first hand
- details pending.

The group will also be free to do any pre-Shabbat shopping you wish in
Sderot.

If you are interested in joining this trip, or you want more
information, please contact Yehuda at yehudapoch at gmail.com or
054-499-7624, so that we can get an idea of how many people will be
joining.  You can also join us on Friday morning without previously
"signing up".  There is no cost for the trip.

Estimated time of return to RBS is 12:00 give or take.