[RBS] course for mental health professionals on treating sexual child abuse

Rachel and Jeff rjh at netvision.net.il
Wed Jan 5 23:16:01 IST 2011

Dear Mental Health Professionals,

I wrote a few months ago, on behalf of "Magen", the new child protection
organization in Bet Shemesh.   We would like to bring a course to Bet
Shemesh for mental health professionals, who want to further their training
and qualifications in the area of treating sexual child abuse.

As you may be aware, the government/Revacha Office pays approximately 250
NIS per hour for therapy, for victims of child abuse.  Although there are
many child abuse cases needing therapy each year, there are currently only a
small number of qualified and available therapists locally, and so a
bottleneck has developed in Bet Shemesh. There is a clear need for more
trained therapists in Bet Shemesh to treat child abuse victims.

Here is an update of the information we have so far.

1.  ELI has offered to provide a course in Beit Shemesh for professionals.
The course will be approximately 6 months in length, 24 meetings of 4 hours
each.  The cost will be 4500 NIS to ELI and 500 NIS to Magen.  This course
is recognized by the Revacha, however only professionals with certain
qualifications (social workers and psychologists with a 2nd degree and
license, psychiatrists, and criminologists) will be eligible for referral
through the Revacha upon completion of the course.  Let me know if you would
like to participate and I will coordinate the dates and times with ELI.

2.  Shalom Benayich is coordinating a course in Bnei Brak for religious
female professionals. It is being subsidized, so the cost is just 500 NIS
per participant.  This is in coordination with the Haruv organization.  The
course will be approximately 6-8 months in length, every Monday from 8:30
a.m. - 3:30 p.m., beginning February 8, 2011. This course is recognized by
the Revacha and all interested applicants should send their C.V. to Shalom
Benayich directly.  The fax number is 03 570 1613.  The office number is 03
618 2525.

Please could you respond to this email and let me know if you plan to apply
to either course.
My email address is batyacohen4 at gmail.com

Sincerely,

Batya Cohen,