[RBS] Fw: Saidels Bakery Apple Pie SPECIAL in RBS

yamin and justine cohen justine at neto.net.il
Wed Jan 12 19:11:14 IST 2011

----- Original Message -----

              Special offer this week - Scrumptious Large (30cm) Apple Pie for only 50 NIS, or two for 90 NIS (regular price 60 NIS each).

              Not only are we practically "giving away" our scrumptious apple pies
              this week for a ridiculous price, we are also going to give you TWO
              recipes here for making your own apple pies right at home (try spot
              the differences....)

              RECIPE A:
              ~~~~~~~~~
              Ingredients:
              1 prebaked, bought pie crust
              1 container of bought, ready made apple filling
              Method:
              * Scoop in the apple filling and spread it evenly over the pie crust
              * Bake in oven for 20 minutes

              RECIPE B:
              ~~~~~~~~~
              Ingredients:
              1 kg fresh Granny Smith apples
              2 portions of Saidels specialty pie dough (secret recipe)
              1 portion of Savta Saidel's apple pie spice blend (secret recipe)
              Method:
              * Hand pick only the crunchiest and most flavorful Granny Smith apples
              * Hand peel, core and dice the apples
              * Measure the sweetness (Brix value) of the apples
              * Adjust the spice blend accordingly
              * Roll out the 1st portion of pie dough to line a foil baking dish
              * Mix the apples with the (adjusted) secret spice blend
              * Fill the crust with the apple mixture
              * Roll out the second portion of pie dough and cut into strips
              * Braid a pie dough lattice on the top of the pie
              * Baste and sprinkle lightly with sugar
              * Bake slowly (45 minutes) in a brick oven

              For anyone who had trouble spotting the differences, we will list them
              below -
              1. Recipe B takes a lot longer.
              2. There is a lot more work involved in recipe B.
              2. Recipe B uses only fresh ingredients, no preservatives.
              3. Recipe B is much healthier than recipe A
              4. Recipe B's pie looks more attractive than recipe A.
              5. You would serve recipe B's pie to guests, not recipe A.
              .
              and we could go on for another 30 minutes detailing all the
              differences, but we will rather summarize it in one word. Recipe B is
              SPECIAL!

              Most people don't have the time to invest making an apple pie using
              recipe B, but unfortunately that is really the only way to make an
              outstanding, AUTHENTIC, home baked apple pie.

              That's where we come in.....
              Saidels Bakery hand bakes each apple pie from SCRATCH with the same  loving care that you would invest if you were making it in your own kitchen for your own family. We have been making this apple pie for so many years that we have got it down to a fine art. We also have a secret weapon most homes don't have - a brick oven - that adds a special texture to the pie crust.

              The result is - THE MOST AMAZING APPLE PIE YOU HAVE EVER EATEN! and it's on SPECIAL offer this week - only 50 NIS, or 90 NIS for two (our regular price is 60 NIS each).

              So, order now at http://saidels.com or by phone 09-7941222

              Order our other delicious products - challahs, bagels, cookies, health breads. All highly recommended and baked with that home baked quality that you just cannot find in any other bakery.

              Saidels Bakery delivers every Friday to Ramat Bet Shemesh.
              Our pickup points is - The Cohens, Nachal Nachshon 6/18 (the cottages behind building #6), tel. 02-9920559, between 14:00 and 15:30.

              To order, visit http://saidels.com and use our user friendly on-line order form or call  09-7941222. Our website contains photos and information about all our products.

              Shabbat Shalom
              Les and Sheryl Saidel
              Saidels Bakery - "Baked with love"