[RBS] Cont... Beware: Local Kashrut Problem

Melissa Shenker melissashenker at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 16:01:04 IST 2011

To answer what many people have asked me:
I spoke to the shop earlier and the person working there connected me
to his boss who tried unsuccessfully to persuade me that I was
mistaken.  They did not remove the product from the shelves.

I did some further checking.  The product bears the local hechsher of
Rabbanut Sderot as it is packed in Israel.  (I had spoken previously
to the import dept of the Chief Rabbinate in Jerusalem.)  I spoke to
the mashgiach in person and he says he hasn't heard of this product!

I returned to the shop with the new information and was then told that
they would remove it from the shelves.  Will go back later to return
what my kids bought and check that they did in fact remove it.

Bivracha,
Melissa