[RBS] Fwd: {Jerusalem Kosher News:533} KASHRUS ALERT: Sushiagogo Sushi in RBS

Goldmeier goldmeier at 012.net.il
Sun Jan 30 11:27:38 IST 2011

There is already a later update on the JKN site (
http://www.jerusalemkoshernews.com/2011/01/update-from-badatz-agudah-regarding-sushiagogo/
) that says that until now everything was fine, as a mashgiach from the
aguda was givign a private hechsher using the aguda's name, though the
Aguda was not aware of that. For that reason they said there is no
hecsher on the food and one should check what to do. Now that they are
aware there was a hechsher (just not theirs and their name was
mistakenly used), they said that all food bought until now has been fine.
As of now, this private arrangement has been ended, and Sushiagogo will
have to arrange an alternate hechsher, so future purchases should be
made after confirming that the store/food is under supervision.

On 30/1/2011 9:51 AM, Michael Schoemann wrote:

> January 28, 2011
>
> Kashrus Alert: Sushiagogo
> A company doing business via the internet in the Ramat Beit Shemesh
> area, under the name Sushiagogo (http://www.sushiagogo.com/
> aboutus.html) markets its product under the hechsher of Badatz Agudat
> Yisrael. The company apparently takes email and telephone orders and
> delivers, as well as selling the product fresh in RBS Aleph.
>
> I spoke with two officials in the badatz earlier this morning at the
> behest of a number of folks in RBS. The badatz’s Rabbi Gefner, a
> mifakeach (supervisor), and the badatz’s rav hamachshir, HaRav
> Binyomin Adler Shlita, confirmed that the company in question does not
> have a hechsher from Agudah.
>
> They urged me to inform the public that the badatz is in no way
> responsible for the kashrus integrity of anything sold by the
> company.
>
> Based on the company’s website and emails, it does not claim any other
> hechsher so it is entirely possible that the products sold to
> individuals were without any kashrus hechsher whatsoever. Anyone with
> halachic concerns is advised to contact their rav/posek.
>
> Sushiagogo: located at 19/4 Nachal Lachish, Ramat Beit Shemesh.
>
>                                ****
>
> Please help JKN to continue reporting on kashrut in Israel to the
> public by making a donation.
>
> If you cannot view the hyperlink, you can go to PayPal and make a
> donation to Jerusalem Kosher, jerusalemkn at gmail.com
> <mailto:jerusalemkn at gmail.com>.
>
> Thank you
>
>                                ****
>
> For questions or comments please send me an email at
> Jerusalemkn at gmail.com <mailto:Jerusalemkn at gmail.com> . I will do my
> best to respond.
>
> For questions on shatnez to Rabbi Eliyahu Neiman, email
> jerusalemshatneznews at live.com <mailto:jerusalemshatneznews at live.com>.
>
> To comment, please see the article on the website and insert your
> comment at the end of the article.
>
>                                ****
>
> Please pass this around and encourage others to join this free
> informative service to help get the word out on kashrut in Eretz
> Yisrael. To join the JKN mailing list, visit the website
> www.jerusalemkoshernews.com <http://www.jerusalemkoshernews.com/>
>

>                                ****
>
> Baruch Hashem, a growing number of kosher organizations around the
> world are using JKN’s material. Anyone is free to distribute it, but
> not for commercial use.
>
> If you opt to use material from JKN, it must be accompanied with the
> footer “Jerusalem Kosher News – www.jerusalemkoshernews.com
> <http://www.jerusalemkoshernews.com/>  -
> jerusalemkn at gmail.com <mailto:jerusalemkn at gmail.com>”. NOT AVAILABLE
> FOR FREE COMMERCIAL USE!
>

> --
> Groups "Jerusalem Kosher News" group.
>
> To view an article 'online' or comment on an article, visit the
> website at http://www.jerusalemkoshernews.com
> [...]

---------
Goldmeier
goldmeier at 012.net.il