[RBS] Update on RBS-Gimmel-2 - What is our Hishtadlus?

Ephrayim Naiman ejnaiman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 23:15:35 IDT 2011

Well, I'm not a Posek so please ask your own LOR.

One thing I will say - I moved her 13 years ago with about 30
families, so this is our Bar Mitzva year.  Today RBS-A is over 5,000
families - and I feel like I'm watching a child "Go Off The Derech"!
:-(

The people in this town are amazing, the Chessed, Torah Learning,
Neighborhood support, friendship, Rabbanim, Educational institutions,
etc, etc.

Yet, somehow, we have ended up with a physical infrastructure, which
is way below sub-par.
(I've already listed the issues in too many previous emails and will
not re-hash them again here - you can email me privately if you'd
like).

The building in the R/BS area, which we so *desperately* need and so
*desperately* waited for, is unfortunately waiting *desperately* for
the infrastructure to catch up and for "Building with Sechel".

At 3:00 PM tomorrow, there is a hearing in the Regional Court of
Yerushalayim to stop the building until the faults currently in the
Gimmel-2 plans, and the entire Beit Shemesh region, are heard,
analyzed and corrected.  Somewhere in the political echelons of Israel
- 93 - irregularities/illegalities were enacted by the Regional
Planning Committee to rush the building into place.  Yes,
*NINETY-THREE*.  That's how many infractions are listed for the
hearing tomorrow.

If you feel it's your Hishtadlus to support "Expanding our City with
Sechel", then please consider showing up tomorrow at Salach Adin
Street (across from Sha'ar Shechem) to show how serious the issue is.
A free bus near the train station at BIG will be leaving at 1:45 PM.
If you'd like to be on it, please confirm a seat with Eli Vanunu at
elivanunu777 at gmail.com or 052-428-7704.

IY"H, the hearing tomorrow will force the Regional Planning Committee
to appoint a non-biased, expert "Choker" to *objectively* review the
faults listed in the objections to Gimmel-2 (and by extension, the
whole area) and help us "Expand with Sechel".

If the petition tomorrow is not successful, please try to allocate the
time to come on Thursday to show the Regional Planning committee that
they should not ignore "due process".  There will IY"H also be free
buses from the BS area throughout the day to go to 8 Hapisga Street in
Bayit Vegan - the hearing is scheduled from 9:00 AM - 8:30 PM.

Behatzlacha,

-Ephrayim Naiman
ejnaiman at gmail.com