[RBS] Come to the hearing for mem-3 tomorrow!

Fried lfried at shemesh.co.il
Wed Jul 13 16:29:47 IDT 2011

The regional planning committee is convening tomorrow to hear and consider
objections to the current plans for mem-3 (the neighborhood along and in the
valley adjacent to Nachal Hayarkon).  If you are concerned about this, and
other BS/RBS building plans, it's very important that you come tomorrow!

Some people who submitted objections to mem-3 received invitations to come
tomorrow, some did not - the invitations were quite random.   If you
submitted an objection, you have a legal right to speak at the meeting
tomorrow - and, if the meeting is anything like the meeting for gimmel-2
last week, the committee will hear from anyone who wants to speak.  [They
did not check whether or not those who wanted to speak had submitted an
objection previously in writing.]

Again, it's really important that as many people come as possible, even if
just to sit in the auditorium for a while without speaking - so that the
regional planning committee sees that what happens in mem-3 matters to a lot
of the residents of BS/RBS.  If you do speak, you can make as many or as few
points as you like - what's most important is to make it personal, to
explain how mem-3 as planned will impact your life, and the lives of your
family and friends.  [If you want a list of some of the possible issues,
please email me back.]

The meeting is from 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM at 8 Rechov Hapisgah at the entrance
to Bayit Vegan in Jerusalem.  If you are interested in a morning hasa'ah
(van) to take you there, write back to me or phone Ephrayim Naiman at
054-765-6300.

Hope to see a massive turnout - but we won't have it without each and every
one of you!

Very best wishes,
Yissachar

p.s. If someone would like to translate this email message (including the
subject line) to Hebrew and shoot it back to me, I will post it on the RBS
Hebrew list!