[RBS] Jo's Club is closing today. So sad.

Aryeh Sonnenberg aryehsonnenberg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 08:22:28 IDT 2011

Thank you for the sentiments.

If you want to share your experience at Jo's Club, give chizzuk, a blessing,
or just say goodbye...please do so at: http://tinyurl.com/farewelltojosclub

Aryeh and Jolene "Jo" Sonnenberg

------------------------------

From: jesica myers <jesica5763 at yahoo.com>
To: rbs at yahoogroups.com, rbs at cs.huji.ac.il, list at shemesh.co.il
Subject: [BS/RBS list] Jo's Club is closing today. So sad.
---

Hi all,

Today Jo's Club is closing it's doors for good.  This is a sad day for the
rbs/bs community.  Yes, in view of the truly tragic events that have rocked
our
own community and the world Jewish community in the last few months, this
may
not seem so terrible and i mean no disrespect.

But to those of us who have been members of Jo's club for many years, this
sadness goes deep.  Because JC was more than a place to exercise.  Over the
years, it became a wonderful meeting place for the women of our community,
young and old: a place  to exersice, relax, revitalize and a place that
enabled
us to go back to our families and everyday chores with more energy and a
better
disposition.

It is to the credit of Jolene and Aryeh Sonnenberg that the club pulled in
women of ALL ages and from ALL walks of Jewish life.  Wether you were 14 or
70,
worked out in a robe and snood or shorts and a tank top, no one cared and no
one
judged. Every one of us  felt comfortable. The facilities where top notch,
the
classes were fantastic and the staff was always helpful and wonderfully
supportive, and to a lot of us, they became almost like family.

But Jo's club was more than just a gym.  Jo and Aryeh, under the Jo's Club
umbrella also sponsored many events, many to benefit some of the great
organizations in our community, all kinds of shiurim, and tiyulim, both
spiritually uplifting (kvarim) and others just plain fun (the beach!).  In
fact,
Jo's Club has been such an integral part of our lives in so mtany ways, its
closure will leave a huge hole in our community.

I know i speak for many people when i say that i will sorely miss Jo's Club
and
all that it represented.

On behalf of all the former and current members and the community at  large,
want to thank the Sonnenbergs for all they accomplished and  wish them mazal
and
hatzlacha in all their future endeavors.

Jesica