[RBS] HATZALA DONATION REQUESTS BY PHONE

Rivka Ester Rothstein rivkaest at 012.net.il
Wed Jul 27 20:33:30 IDT 2011

Having just received a call, I'm re-sending what I sent to the lists about
two months ago:

I repeatedly receive phone solicitations to donate to Hatzala - as I'm sure
you do as well.  Are you aware that the Beit Shemesh Hatzala didn't have
money to pay their ambulance petrol bill, because many of us are being
'swindled' into giving money to other organizations that call themselves
Hatzala, EVEN "Hatzalat Beit Shemesh", but they're LYING!

I just got off the phone with Bentzi Novack, the gentleman who's the key
volunteer for our Hatzala branch.  He regaled me with conversations he's had
with these telemarketers who simply tell him 'tough luck', while many local
people come to him demanding receipts for donations that weren't made to our
Hatzala!

Hatzalat Beit Shemesh is the ONLY branch in the country that functions as do
the branches in the U.S.  In other areas, the call is transferred to Magen
David Adom, and the cost of ambulance service is between 400 - 900 nis.
Here, we have a completely volunteer staff of telephone dispatchers,
ambulances, emergency medical care that can come to a site or a home on
demand.  And it's all FREE!  That's why, Bentzi explains, it's 'worth it'
for other telemarketers to 'hit' our area!

Please do NOT make donations over the phone to anyone claiming to be Hatzala
or "Ichud Hatzala."  Please verify any requests for donations to Hatzala by
phoning 999-9992.  Please DO donate generously to our local Hatzala branch.
You can do so either by hora'at keva - a volunteer will come to your home
with the form, or by asking a volunteer to come to your door to collect your
donation, by keeping a pushke for Hatzala in your home and a local volunteer
will come to your home to collect it.  Bentzi told me that in fact twice a
year they DO hold fundraising campaigns, but PLEASE make sure you're
donating to our own local branch!

Bentzi is aware and thrilled that I'm putting this information out on email.
If anyone's Hebrew savvy enough to translate it and put it on the rama list,
please do.  And please let me know, so I'll stop seeking a translator.

In fact, I've just become a location to collect hora'at keva forms  - the
best way of donating.  You can also get a pushke from my home.  Nahar
HaYarkon 8/1, RBS A.  Please phone 999-3470 before coming.

~Rivka Ester

"AT YOUR SERVICE ~ CLEANER REFERRAL SERVICE"

Matching cleaners with clients in the RBS/Beit Shemesh areas since 1999.

Your address for one-off or steady home cleaning help.

0202-999-6093   Please call between 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM