[RBS] FYI: iriya-subsidized mishpachtons

Jennifer Bloom jbloom at accepted.com
Thu Jun 9 12:11:49 IDT 2011

Since I had never heard of these before my friend told me about them (shout
out to Pircha), I figured I should tell the list about them. The
municipality supervises mishpachtons in people's homes (for those who don't
know, a mishpachton typically has 4-6 babies/toddlers with one caregiver). I
had my 2-year-old girl in one with an English speaking woman on Uriya last
year and this year with a different English speaking woman on Sorek (we
switched so she would have gan on Friday). These are subsidized by the city
if you (the baby's mother) work 40 hours per week and meet certain financial
criteria based on the number of family members. The vacation schedule is
perfect for working mothers (they barely take vacation) and the hours are
also typically long. Registration started a couple of weeks ago but it
depends on space, so there may be places remaining. Call Ora in the Revacha
office at 990-9896 to check.