[RBS] Kid in US camp - how to keep in touch?

Daniel & Amy Michaels dgm at netvision.net.il
Sun Jun 19 09:06:16 IDT 2011

Our daughter will be working for a month as a counsellor at a camp in
the US. She is meant to have access to a land-line, but we think only
for local calls. We're looking for a cost effective way of keeping in
touch. Can anyone recommend a good solution? In particular, we're
wondering about the following options:

1. Getting her some sort of international calling card that she could
use from the land-line there.
2. Getting ourselves a VOIP US number she could call from the
land-line. (We don't want to be tied to the computer, so Skype-in
isn't suitable.)
3. Renting her a local US cellular phone with cheap or unlimited
incoming calls, so we can call her with our relatively low
international dialing rates. If there was a plan with good
international outgoing rates, that would be even better.

If anyone has a recommendation for one or more of these options, or
would like to recommend another solution, it would be much
appreciated.
TIA.
Daniel & Amy