[RBS] Reminder: Friday visit to Sderot

Yehuda and Rebecca Poch butrfly at actcom.co.il
Wed Mar 2 00:53:18 IST 2011

This coming Friday, March 4, a group from Ramat Beit Shemesh will be
traveling to Sderot to participate in the distribution of food to the
poor in conjunction with the Mercaz Chesed in Sderot.

The group will be leaving from Nahal Ein Gedi in front of the Lev
HaTorah yeshiva at 8:10.  Please arrive at 8:00 in order that we can be
on time.

Food distribution in Sderot will begin at 9:00 sharp.

Following the food distribution, there will be a guided tour of Sderot,
in English and Hebrew, including a park where all the aparatuses double
as rocket shelters, the hilltop lookout from where you can see Gaza and
clear across to the Mediterranean as well as parts of Ashdod and
Ashkelon (if the visibility is good).
There will also be an opportunity (hopefully) to meet some of the
families who have been hurt in the rocket attacks, and a visit to the
rocket shell display at the police station (if we get a permit).  The
tour and the police station are weather permitting.

Estimated time of return to RBS is 12:00, but since we are traveling in
private cars, those who wish to leave earlier or stay later can do so.

For more information, or to confirm participation (there is no fee),
please email yehudapoch at gmail.com or call 054-499-7624.