[RBS] Purim and Yom KiPurim

Mervyn Smullen thesmullens at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 11:03:19 IST 2011

Starting on Friday morning, it was so nice to hear Purim music being
played from a loudspeaker throughout RBS A with Purim music, until
suddenly the tune changed to Yom Kippur music. I'm sure the words were
changed, but the effect was that instead of the joyous Purim music we
have had since our youth, we were being subjected to Yom Kippur music.
I think the music was being played from a car of one of the local
organisations. This style of music continued Motzei Shabbat through
Sunday, absolutely driving me crazy. In addition fireworks were being
set off at 1:00 am, and one tzedaka organisation had the chutzpa to
come to my door for money at 11:00pm at night.
I think the people who do this are wrong, and if they want to get
their message across, there are other ways to do so.
Meir Smullen