[RBS] Objections to the Building in Ramat Bet Shemsh Gimmel

Catriel Lev clev at actcom.com
Fri May 6 05:50:28 IDT 2011

Have you filed an objection to the construction in Ramat Bet Shemesh Gimmel yet?

Why would you want to object?

Because they will be doubling the population of Bet Shemesh without expanding the 38 road. The traffic jams in the mornings and afternoons will ne unbearable  (double the number of cars!!)

Because the planning of the area is horrible- no green spaces, roads that are too narrow for Buses (The plans are similar to the Hefziba neighbourhood- go and see  how our beautiful hills will look)

Because even though we all heard the Mayor saying over and over and over that it will be 1/3 Hiloni 1/3 Charedi 1/3  Dati Leumi it will be all Haredi. How is it possible that they voted on the 1/3 1/3 1/3 proposal in the Iryah and THEN THE PLAN WAS CHANGED without a vote?

Because we would like to have the area preserved for a national Park

Because the area is the second most popular bicycle riding area in Israel

Because we need to maintain a green corridor for the wildlife in Park  Britannia

Because they promised to build the Maar first and the Mercaz a Tarbut first before they started and they have not done so

Because Bet Shemesh is 400 classrooms short now

Because we are sick of having sewage flowing the the street /in the Wadis every  time it rains and we would like to have the infrastructure of the city fixed before there is any more building

Because 7,000 of the 17,000 families in Bet shemesh do not pay Arnona and those of us that do do not want to subsidise any more families. The balance is already unhealthy and it looks like the mayor is fulfilling the only election promise that he has kept. He is trying to turn Bet Shemesh into the next Bnei Brak...ie a poverty stricken city, the poorest in the country.

and there are more reasons too....

If you have not yet filed an objection please come to the Meyehof Matnas (the Binyamin Library) today Friday) between 10.15 and 12 where we will have a lawyer available to witness your signature

Thank you for caring about the future of your city

Eve Finkelstein