[RBS] davening needed now for Chava bas Faiga (Jane Herscovici)

rfried rfried at shemesh.co.il
Tue May 24 20:52:13 IDT 2011

My brother-in-law, Yisrael Herscovici, wrote me a few minutes ago and said:

"Riki we are getting important tests done this week.  We can't wait for
Sunday to start the tehillim.  Can you please write to all to start tonight
or now?"

To anyone who signed up to say tehillim for my sister, please start now and
add a few days on to the 40 days. To anyone who didn't sign up, we can do
more than one book of tehillim, so if there is only one name next to a
perek, please consider adding your name so we can do two books every day.

To everyone else, please daven today (now!) for my sister, Chava bas Faiga,
Jane (Rudolph) Herscovici, for a complete recovery to health.

We should only hear good things!
Riki (Rudolph) Fried

P.S. Please keep my sister's name on your davening lists.  She will need
your tefilot for many months to come.
-------

Hello to all my friends,

We would like to do a 40 day mishmeret of Tehillim for my sister, Jane
(Rudolph) Herscovici, Chava bas Faiga, who has just discovered that she has
cancer.

Most of you receiving this email know my sister because you are a friend of
hers. Jane lived in Ramat Bet Shemesh for four years but now she is in
Denver, Colorado.

It is hoped that the whole sefer will be said for 40 days, starting from
Sunday night, May 29 (Iyar 25) through July 7 (Tammuz 5), and that in the
merit thereof she should have a full recovery.

If you are interested in joining, please sign up by clicking the link – but
please don’t feel obligated to join if it is too much.

http://tehillim.mamash.com/?signup_id=18

Just a few notes regarding the mishmeret:  It's very important, when taking
on the commitment to join the mishmeret, to say on the first day that you
intend to say Tehillim for Chava bas Faiga for 40 days, Bli Neder.  If you
forget a day, this is a serious halachik problem because the commitment is
binding (a neder), which is why saying Bli Neder is important.

If it happens that you forget, then it's recommended to say the prakim
again, when you remember (even if it means saying them twice in one day). In
addition, if you're worried about forgetting, it's a good idea to find a
friend or neighbor to use as a partner/back up to say the same perakim as
you. Please follow the Jewish day when saying the tehillim.

Also, please mention Jane's name in your Shmonei Esrei tefilla.

Thanks very much.

Riki Fried
Ramat Bet Shemesh, Israel

P.S. If you know of any of Jane's friends who should receive this email,
please pass it on.