[RBS] Backup your documents, pictures and emails - very important

Reuven Grantz reuven at pcplustech.co.il
Sun Nov 6 21:47:34 IST 2011

Backup is a job most people would rather never think about. basically
when we think about backup that's what comes to mind.

1. start selecting what to backup and what not (what's important to keep)
2. figuring out where to copy the files into and how. usually there is
a backup program on the machine. however, figuring out how to work it
usually isn't something we are looking forward to.
3. repeating the process over and over, since email and files change
and we don't want to loose few days, weeks, months or years of
information.

in conclusion, usually data backup is something done every so often or
in so many cases not done at all.

whenever a desktop, laptop, external hard drives, or other storage
device fails, usually people are highly concerned about what happened
to the data. from my experience, the most sad stories are about loose
of family photos, or huge amount of information which is gone.

i personally was under a good feeling that hard drives don't fail
without any notice. after all the hard drive technology did improve
vastly through the years, and the hard drives manufacturers are aware
of the importance of information. figuring that, hard drives are
probably built in a way that will require someone to smash the drive
with a heavy tool in order for it to fail.

a few months back, i wanted to take something from one of the shelves
above where my laptop is seating. a can of WD-40 that was standing
near the edge fell on the laptop on the left side of where the mouse
pad is. concerned about my laptop, i was happy to notice that it
didn't even scratch the laptop. However, i started to hear some wired
noises from the hard drive. i turned off the laptop to check the hard
drive and the hard drive was completely dead. that was a little shock
for me how fragile hard drives are.

I had a a backup of many of my files (especially through Dropbox where
i kept my important files) but many files that were created in the
last few months were lost in a second.

recently i was really excited to explore a new backup product that
seemed to solve allot of the problems that i noticed with other backup
programs. The Software, Genie Timeline 2, backs up the entire hard
drive to an external or network hard drive. the Backup software runs
inside windows, and backs up files the moment they change. that way if
data gets deleted, corrupted, overwritten or in a case of a complete
hard drive crash, the data can be easily restored.

the program is completely automatic and from my experience, it does a
great job. the software costs 40-60 Dollars depending on the version
(the pro version allows to encrypt files and limit drive space on
backup drive).

Why buy a program when there are many backup software that are free?

The difference between Genie Timeline and other many backup solutions
are that the backup job is done completely automatically. it's lite on
system resources and backs up the Entire hard drive so even if your
operating system gets corrupted, you can restore your machine quickly
to the previous state.

I dealt with a company for a little while and they provide excellent support.

if you meet the following criteria -

A) you have a really outdated backup of your drive or don't have any
backup at all.

B)  the information on the drive is very important.

Then I highly encourage you to give this solution a try.

You can buy the software either from me or online at:

http://www.genie9.com/store/store.aspx

if you need help installing and configuring the software, contact me
at the phone number or email on the bottom of this message.

Best of luck,

--
Reuven Grantz
Pc Plus