[RBS] Offering ride to Cairo Geniza lecture tomorrow

The Jerenbergs batyai100 at 013.net
Mon Nov 14 17:34:42 IST 2011

The Benjamin Kruger library is having a fundraiser by presenting a 3-lecture
series on the Cairo Geniza given by a world-class expert, Prof. Stefan Reif.
The first one is tomorrow, Tuesday, at 8:30 PM in the Meyerhoff Matnas, and
I'd be happy to take anyone from the Rama who wants to go.

I'd also be happy to sell you the ticket/s tonight, ahead of time, to save
time tomorrow, as well. Tomorrow's lecture is on the discovery of the
Geniza. On Sunday, December 11, the subject is the lost & previously unknown
works found in the Geniza, with surprising discoveries about famous Jewish
people. On Wednesday January 25, it will be on Jewish medieval life in
general, as revealed through the Geniza's manuscripts. It's 75 NIS for the 3
lectures together, but one can come to only 1 or 2, of course, and pay
accordingly.

Batya Jerenberg