[RBS] Fw: REMINDER: 2 weeks until the next Greater Beit Shemesh Blood Drive

Yossi Klein kleinyossi at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 9 12:47:31 IST 2011

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "dweisblatt at vmware.com" <dweisblatt at vmware.com>
To: Beit Shemesh List <list at shemesh.co.il>
Cc: navivcl <navivcl at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 9, 2011 9:22 AM
Subject: REMINDER: 2 weeks until the next Greater Beit Shemesh Blood Drive

Dear Listers:
Unfortunately, there is a constant pressure for MDA to maintain the blood supply in our precious country and I'd like to encourage everyone who can to come and donate a pint!!!

Especially around the Chaggim, donations are low - check out the Blood Drop at http://www.mdais.org/. As you can see, the blood supply for the entire country (surgeries, accidents, tipulim, piguiim chas v'shalom) is dangerously low. (Today, there are only 1000 pints of type O blood for the ENTIRE COUNTRY!) We purposely schedule this blood drive immediately after the Chaggim to help replenish the supply. Every pint counts - YOUR PINT COUNTS!!!

The details:

DATE: Sunday, October 23, 2011/Or L'26 Tishrei 5772

TIMES: 17:30 to 22:30

PLACE: Beit Knesset Feigenson, Nofei Aviv (downstairs in the Ulam Smachot)

WHO: Healthy adults ages 18 to 65 (17 with a parent's note). Other restrictions apply. For details, see our website at www.shemesh.co.il - click the Teddy Bear link!

WHAT TO BRING: Teudat Zehut, Passport, Driver's License

WHAT NOT TO BRING: Please leave your adorable children at home. We don't provide babysitting and a blood donation center can be a dangerous place for small children (especially while their parents are donating blood). Arrange a babysitter or swap with a neighbor - you can watch their kids while they donate and they'll watch yours while you donate!

FOOD: We always provide juice and cookies (all Parve) to all donors.

RIDES: Rides to/from the drive can be cheerfully arranged. Please contact me if you'd like a ride. Get a group together and we'll bring all of you!! We've provided rides from as close as the Sheinfeld neighborhood and as far as Netiv HaLamed Hey...so far!
SPONSORS: This blood drive is generously sponsored by Rachelle and Danny Goodman in honor of their son David's Bar Mitzvah and l'ilui nishmat Rachelle's father, David Regal, Z"L, and by Wendy and Phil Serlin l'ilui nishmat Wendy's father, Myron Friedman, Z"L.

REMINDERS: If you'd like a personal phone call and/or email reminder, please contact me.

ADI: There will be an Adi table at the drive for anyone who wants information about organ donation or to sign up to be a donor. (This is not connected to the blood drive; you can come to the drive to donate only, or to find out about Adi/sign up only, or both.)

TIP OF THE WEEK: To keep your hemoglobin levels up, don't forget to eat those dark greens, sesame, and meat. Other great sources of iron include flax seeds and tehina. Sprinkle a teaspoon of crushed flax seeds or drizzle a tablespoon of tehina on your salad every day!

As always, if you have ANY questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me. If I don't know the answer, I'll refer you to the nice folks at MDA who do!!

Kol Tuv,
Deb Weisblatt
(for the Greater Beit Shemesh Blood Drive Committee)