[RBS] Petition to remove key terrorist from Sbarro bombing from list of terrorists to be freed

Shira and Dani Schijveschuurder shirandani at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 14:38:21 IST 2011

>From Arnold Roth, father of Malki, 15, murdered in the Sbarroterror attack
in Jerusalem, 2001.

Please pass this heartfelt request along urgently to yourcontacts. It's a
request to sign a petition, online here:
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/remove-ahlam-tamimi-from-the-list-of-terrorists-to-be-f.html<http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/remove-ahlam-tamimi-from-the-list-of-terrorists-to-be-f.htmlUnder>

Under
<http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/remove-ahlam-tamimi-from-the-list-of-terrorists-to-be-f.htmlUnder>

normal circumstances, requests to sign a petition areunlikely to lead to any
significant outcomes. In this case, we are hoping to dosomething important.

The petition asks for the removal of one specific name from the list of
morethan one thousand terrorists, including hundreds of convicted murderers,
to bepublished by the government of Israel tomorrow, Sunday. That list is
thebasis of a transaction by which Israel will get back Gilad Shalit, held
hostageby the terrorists of Hamas for more than five years. The deal
involves Israelthrowing open the gates of its top-security prisons and
issuing wholesalepardons. My wife Frimet and I have expressed our principled
objection to thedeal. While others are busy trying to stop it in the courts,
we are focusingour energies on one specific person, and getting her off the
list.

Her name is Tamimi. An article in today's New York Times [
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/15/world/middleeast/israel-prisoner-swap-touches-old-wounds.html

] provides some background:

Among those is Ahlam Tamimi, a 31-year-old woman who was a keyfigure in the
pizzeria attack. She is often described as the driver of the carthat brought
the suicide bomber to the Sbarro restaurant and killed 15 people.But the
Roths say her role went far beyond that, to the actual planning of
theattack. In interviews from prison, Ms. Tamimi, who was a journalist, has
toldof having brought the suicide bomber to Jerusalem and then going on
Palestiniantelevision's afternoon broadcast to announce the news of the
attack withoutacknowledging her involvement. "I'm not sorry for what I did,"
she told an Israeli newsorganization in 2006. "I will get out of prison,
andI refuse to recognize Israel's existence. Discussions will only take
placeafter Israel recognizes that this is Islamic land."

The Roths said their anger over the prisoner exchange was focusedon Ms.
Tamimi, who is being sent to Jordan. She is young, fervent andcharismatic,
Mr. Roth said, and proud of what she did. In a documentary onPalestinian
prisoners, she was asked whether she knew how many children hadbeen killed
in the attack. She did not. When told the number was eight, shesmiled.

There is a fuller background about the circumstances in which ourdaughter
was murdered on the Keren Malki website:
http://www.kerenmalki.org/Sbarro_Massacre.htm<http://www.kerenmalki.org/Sbarro_Massacre.htmAnd>

And
<http://www.kerenmalki.org/Sbarro_Massacre.htmAnd>

there are many articles onthe web tonight showing her family and supporters
celebrating her impendingreturn to freedom and to a full and active life as
a heroine and inspiration.

Even if you do not normallysign petitions, or pass them along to friends, we
ask you to seriously considersigning this one. Once again, it's online here:
 להקליק כאן ולחתום
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/remove-ahlam-tamimi-from-the-list-of-terrorists-to-be-f.html

Time is very limited. We really only have ONE DAY to geta significant number
of signatures. If we succeed, we can then put pressure onthe Prime
Minister's Office and the Justice Ministry and publicize this in themedia.

--
Tel: +972 (0) 2 999 4716
Cell: +972(0) 54 669 0125

Link to Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/Shirandani>