[RBS] Fw: TODAY is the day to save lives at the Greater Beit Shemesh Blood Drive!

Yossi Klein kleinyossi at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 23 11:43:42 IST 2011

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "dweisblatt at vmware.com" <dweisblatt at vmware.com>
To: Beit Shemesh List <list at shemesh.co.il>
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2011 9:30 AM
Subject: TODAY is the day to save lives at the Greater Beit Shemesh Blood Drive!

Dear Everyone,

Please make every effort to come to the Greater Beit Shemesh Blood Drive TODAY!!! YOUR PINT COUNTS!!!! The pints that we collect need to be divided among every hospital in Israel for surgeries, sick people who need blood every day for various reasons, or chas v'shalom injured people due to accidents and other "bad" things that could occur, R"L. Someone you know or love could need blood at any moment and YOUR pint will help them and others! It's convenient (right here in YOUR city),
there are free, yummy snacks for all donors, and it's VERY IMPORTANT!

Here are the details: (Please spread the word to those who may not read this...)

DATE: TODAY - Sunday, October 23, 2011/Or L'27 Tishrei 5772

TIMES: 17:30 to 22:30

PLACE: Beit Knesset Feigenson, Nofei Aviv (downstairs in the Ulam Smachot)

WHO: Healthy adults ages 18 to 65 (17 with a parent's note). Other restrictions apply. For details, see our website at www.shemesh.co.il  - click the Teddy Bear!

WHAT TO BRING: Teudat Zehut, Passport, Driver's License

WHAT NOT TO BRING: Please leave your adorable children at home. We don't provide babysitting and a blood donation center can be a dangerous place for small children (especially while their parents are donating blood). Arrange a babysitter or swap with a neighbor - you can watch their kids while they donate and they'll watch yours while you donate!

FOOD: We are overjoyed to provide Oogies Cookies at this Blood Drive! YUMMY!! You can find Oogies products at Super Hatzlacha in the Givah and at Best Market and Deal V'Zol in RBS A. On Fridays, you can also find Oogies breads, cakes, and cookies at the bakery in Moshav Li-On/Srigim. Enjoy!! Thanks to our Sponsors and to Oogies for this yummy upgrade in our snacks!

RIDES: Rides to/from the drive can be cheerfully arranged. Please contact me if you'd like a ride. Get a group together and we'll bring all of you!! We've provided rides from as close as the Sheinfeld neighborhood and as far as Netiv HaLamed Hey...so far!

SPONSORS: This Blood Drive is generously sponsored by Rachelle and Danny Goodman in honor of their son David's Bar Mitzvah and l'ilui nishmat Rachelle's father, David Regal, Z"L, and by Wendy and Phil Serlin l'ilui nishmat Wendy's father, Myron Friedman, Z"L.

REMINDERS: If you'd like a personal phone call and/or email reminder, please contact me.

ADI: There will be an Adi table at the drive for anyone who wants information about organ donation or to sign up to be a donor. (This is not connected to the blood drive; you can come to the drive to donate only, or to find out about Adi/sign up only, or both.)

Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns. If I don't know the answer, I'll forward you to the wonderful folks at MDA who can help you. See you at the drive!Deborah Weisblatt
(For the Greater Beit Shemesh Blood Drive Committee)