[RBS] Fw: Blood Drive Stats and Thanks

Yossi Klein kleinyossi at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 24 12:49:52 IST 2011

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "dweisblatt at vmware.com" <dweisblatt at vmware.com>
To: Beit Shemesh List <list at shemesh.co.il>
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2011 12:44 PM
Subject: Blood Drive Stats and Thanks

Dear Everyone:

The 34th Greater Beit Shemesh Blood Drive brought in an amazing 149 pints of life-saving blood!!! Thanks to EVERYONE who came and donated!!! (Check out the statistics from all the drives - http://www.shemesh.co.il/bd/BloodDriveStatistics.html.) The MDA staff is VERY impressed and thankful...as always!!! Since each pint saves/helps between one and four people, our community just saved/helped between 149 and 596 people! Kol Hakavod L'Kulam!

We had many first-time donors and we're especially proud of their efforts and donations! We also had many families - parents and their Young Adults, husbands/wives, and siblings who came to give together! I'm so glad that the Blood Drive is considered by some to be a quality family outing.

A REALLY GIGANTIC THANK YOU TO...

* The people who came and, for whatever reason, couldn't donate. If you can get to MDA in Yerushalyim within the next month to give, that would be great and you'll still be on schedule for the next drive in Beit Shemesh. If you can't get to MDA, we hope you'll try again at the next blood drive. (See the details at the end of this email.)

* Wendy and Phil Serlin, who sponsored the drive l'ilui nishmat Wendy's father, Myron Friedman, Z"L, and Rachelle and Danny Goodman in honor of their son David's Bar Mitzvah and l'ilui nishmat Rachelle's father, David Regal, Z"L. May they always be zoche to participate in Mitzvot like this!

* Oogies who donated a portion of the YUMMY cookies! You can find Oogies products at Super Hatzlacha in the Givah and at Best Market and Deal V'Zol in RBS A. On Fridays, you can also find Oogies breads, cakes, and cookies at the bakery in Moshav Li-On/Srigim. Enjoy!!

* Ruth Posner for her efforts at the Adi table. 12 people signed Adi organ donor cards and many took information home to review! You can sign up on-line at www.health.gov.il/transplant.The need is great, so don't wait! (Also, thanks to Ruth who helped out at the food tables last night.)

* The guys from Yesodei HaTorah (and Dvarya Katz who helped organize them) and the women from Machon Ma'ayan (and Elisheva Storch who helped organize them) who came to donate. We're happy that you can come and donate blood during your year of learning and we hope to see you at the next drive.

* The Va'ad of Beit Knesset Feigenson for giving us the big, comfortable Ulam Smachot and making sure that it's nice and clean! AND to all of the R/BS Gabaiim who announced the Blood Drive in Shul!!

* The shul reps who hung posters in their shul. I'm sure that many people in shul saw those posters and came to donate blood.

* All of the families of the Beit Shemesh Blood Drive Committee members and helpers (see below) for always supporting us in our efforts to bring blood donation to Beit Shemesh. You certainly share in this Mitzvah, along with the donors and extra helpers.

* The people who helped with this drive in so many different ways. We have a wonderful committee (see below) who help plan and execute the drives. But for this drive, we had extra people who stepped in and gave a helping hand. They include (in no special order): (I apologize to anyone whom I may have forgotten to mention!!! All of your contributions were very, very important!!!)

    * Purchasing - Adina Weisblatt, Rachel Weisblatt

    * Setup - Sruli Stein, Ben Weisblatt

    * Blood Pressure - Bracha Hammer, Moriah Pashkof, Yehudah Schwartz, Izzy Bromberg, Reuven Harrow, Eliav Wohlfarth

    * Donor Support - Atara Klein, Yael Weisblatt

    * Registration - Yael Weisblatt, Maryon Hamburger

    * Food Distribution -  Wendy Serlin, Rachelle Goodman

    * Drivers - Atara Klein, Yael Weisblatt

And last but not least, a WHOPPING Thanks to the hard-working Blood Drive committee for all of their work with this drive. I sign the emails, but the Blood Drives are certainly not a one-woman effort. The committee members help with setup and cleanup, filling out and putting up posters around town, calling/emailing/SMSing people to remind them about the drive, buying and dispensing food, transporting donors to and from the drive, helping donors at the drive, photographing for potential newspaper articles, taking blood pressure/checking hemoglobin, managing registration, directing traffic, supporting the MDA people, and just ensuring that everything runs smoothly. For the October 2011 drive, these committee members include (in no special order): Leslie Feinberg, Ruchie Bromberg, Elke Kagan, Reuven Eliaz, Bracha Shoshan, Yossi Klein, Ruth Posner, Randi Lipkin, Shirley Denkberg, Jay Wolf, and Chaim Friedman. Tizku L'Mitzvot!

Stay tuned - the date for the next drive is Sunday, February 5, 2012. More details to follow. Check out the web site - http://www.shemesh.co.il/bd/index.html - for complete information about blood donation and the Beit Shemesh drives.

Have a very safe, healthy, and rainy winter!

Deborah Weisblatt
Beit Shemesh Blood Drive Committee