[RBS] PSA: check your cell phone bills

surifulda surifulda at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 25 10:35:10 IST 2011

Hi,
Regarding:
To make sure you are not being charged for receiving sms's for (sapakei
tochen) If you are, call your cell phone company and have them canceled.
I was being charged approximately 40 shekel a month on each of my kids
phones for this service that i did not want.

I was charged for 9 months close to 90 shekel a month because I received
"wap" messages from various companies. I had cancelled the service, but my
cell phone provider - Orange did nothing to help me. They said I had to deal
directly with the service providers who sent the messages. I made copies of
every bill, called, faxed and I got absolutely no where. They didn't even
return my calls. Finally after repeated attempts I insisted that Orange send
me a letter in writing that the services were cancelled because they don't
always do what they say, as in my case, but I was unable to get a refund.
These service providers are a scam. People should be careful not to enter
their cell phone number or let their children enter their cell phone number
on any website. Many times there are riddles or games on various websites
and people naively enter their cell phone number.

Suri