[RBS] The time is now for you to respond

Michael Barnett michael at rankabove.com
Thu Sep 22 23:42:39 IDT 2011

Hi everyone,

The situation with Orot Banot has not calmed down, if anything it has
escalated. The kitzonim have moved on from name calling and shouting to
throwing eggs, tomatoes, dirty diapers, stink bombs and stones. Yesterday
they spit on a woman and shoved the man walking next to her. This is going
on almost every day, unless they're in jail. For while the police are B"H
making arrests, there's only so much time they can detain someone for
throwing things.

They had a rally on Tuesday night and there was much discussion in our
community if we should show up to 'counter rally'. Their rally was to
protest that there is a girl's elementary school next to their buildings
(that was slated to be there long before any of them moved in). We decided
in the end to ignore them (similar to ignoring a baby's tantrum) and they're
rally was much less attended than they were hoping. They were hoping to rope
in the mainstream rabanim of RBS A, but besides for one or two they didn't
get that community to show up.

Many people on this list have asked  "So what can we do to show we care?"
So here is the answer....

We let them say what they needed to and now they MUST see that we will not
sit down and take their abuse. We are holding a rally that needs to be HUGE.
Anyone who supports the right to live in peace and live as they please
without being harassed, bullied, abused, terrorized, etc should please come
out in support!

Details: Sunday, Sep 25 at 6:15 PM. On Rechov Herzog between Maapilei Egoz
and Asher in Bet Shemesh.

Will be over by 7:30. Bring signs and flags that promote Achdut and Ahavat
Yisrael.

Hope to see you there and bring your friends!