[RBS] Parents teach your children road safety!!

britstownjew britstownjew at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 1 15:37:02 IDT 2012

Last night at about 9.30 -10,00pm we were driving on the back road from Yarden towards route 10.  We were doing about 25 kph.  A group of young teenage girls, dragging their bags behind them, were walking up the road from route 10 - IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD with no reflective clothing whatsoever!!  We only saw them at the last minute and swerved to avoid them.  The girls just carried on laughing and talking - WALKING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD!!  About a minute further on another group of 4 girls were also walking in the middle of the road, dragging their bags behind them, laughing and talking.   These were all teenagers who should know better, especially at night.

And yes, I know capitals mean shouting.  Just think what could have happened if we were driving just 5 kph faster!!  Who would have been screaming and shouting (and chasvesholom crying) then ??

Parents, if your children are coming back at night, fetch them from their drop off point and if you do not have a car please arrange for a lift to get them home.

 Irene