[RBS] An Open Letter to Mayor R. Moshe Abutbul

Larry P p.larry at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 16:34:40 IDT 2012

*An Open Letter to Mayor R. Moshe Abutbul*

*Re: Indoor Community Pools – Separate for Men and Separate for Women*

*Ramat Beit Shemesh Aleph, Beit & Gimmel*

As a resident of Ramat Beit Shemesh Aleph for several years I am concerned
about a number of matters that I believe the office of the Mayor can and
should address for the benefit of the wonderful Torah based communities
here in Ramat Beit Shemesh.

Each Spring, as the weather turns warm to hot, our ever expanding community
of Torah observant Jews, seeks *healthy*, *affordable* and *local* outlets
for exercise and recreation, to stay healthy and strong to serve HaKadosh
Baruch Hu in Avodate HaKodesh – learning Torah and doing mitzvoth,
including much chessed.  Quality times for parents and children to exercise
together – to stay healthy and fit (itself a Mitzvah) - are, unfortunately
extremely limited.

I appeal to the office of the Mayor to take immediate and concrete steps to
allocate lands in each of RBS Aleph, Beit and Gimmel to allow for
fast-tracked permits and permissions for the Municipality of Beit Shemesh
to construct and finance two (2) separate fully-enclosed pools in each of
the three named areas, a total of six (6) pools, such that RBS Aleph, Beit
and Gimmel, shall have completely* separate* pools for
*year-round*swimming for Men and Women, at
*affordable* prices to our residents.

These pools should be fully developed within 1 year time, at the latest,
(noting a pool can be developed in under 30 days when the red tape is cut
at the highest levels and funding from municipal taxes paid by the
community are allocated for this purpose.)

I would ask as well that it be a requirement of any developer of the lands
in RBSA - HaMishKaFayim - ear-marked for a Hotel (Migrashim 900-901-902) to
be required to construct 2 separate pools at the Hotel – one for men and
one for women-  and to make the pools available to residents of RBS – of
course on a for-pay membership basis economically feasible to the developer.

As Mayor, I believe your good offices have a direct responsibility to
address the unmet services and needs of the community and it has been far
too long in the making to have local, affordable and separate community
pools in Ramat Beit Shemesh.  The Residents of Ramat Beit Shemesh need not
be forced to travel to Nes Harim over the brief Summer months to swim (a
cab ride -one way- is 50 NIS and hefty entrance fees are paid once you
arrive (if they are not already closed to overcrowding once you arrive))
nor should we need to travel to overpacked Summer only pools in Beit
Shemesh (eg. Kiriyat Chinuch) or be forced to swim at the mostly mixed
gender swimming pool at Country Club next to Reishit in Beit Shemesh.  Local
community pools that are separate for men and women are desperately needed
in RBS and since the Iriyah last year closed private pools in the Bnei
Beitcha section of RBS Aleph – our children have no local outlet to
swim*anywhere
* in Ramat Beit Shemesh.

Mr. Mayor.  There are NO OPTIONS AND NO ALTERNATIVES – I call upon your
offices to address and resolve this serious and ongoing problem that is
adversely affecting the quality of life of the residents of Ramat Beit
Shemesh in general and its holy children in particular. I look forward to
working with you in this regard should you require or otherwise request my
assistance.

My thanks in advance for your steadfast commitment to improve the quality
of life of the Residents  of Ramat Beit Shemesh, in a manner that preserves
the Tzniut and Kedusha, of a Torah observant community.

With Blessings for Hatzlacha in Gashmiyut and Ruchniut;

Eliyahu Yaakov Pinczower, Adv.

pinczower at gmail.com

cell 052-244-0792

This communication (and any attachments) is directed in confidence to the
addressee(s) listed above, and may not otherwise be distributed, copied or
used. The contents of this communication may also be subject to
lawyer-client privilege, and all rights to that privilege are expressly
claimed and not waived. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify us by reply e-mail or by telephone and delete this
communication (and any attachments) without making a copy. Thank you.