[RBS] Fw: ONE WEEK to go to save a life at the Blood Drive!

Yossi Klein kleinyossi at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 29 14:00:28 IDT 2012

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "dweisblatt at vmware.com" <dweisblatt at vmware.com>
To: list at shemesh.co.il
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2012 1:40 PM
Subject: ONE WEEK to go to save a life at the Blood Drive!

Dear Everyone:

SEE BELOW FOR IMPORTANT TIPS TO HELP YOU PREPARE FOR YOUR DONATION!

If you haven't done so already, please mark your calendars for the Greater Bet Shemesh Blood Drive IN ONE WEEK! Every donation is vitally important! YOUR donation could save up to four lives!!!

Here are the details:

DATE: Sunday, May 6, 2012 (14 Iyar 5772)

TIME: 17:30 to 22:30

PLACE: Beit Knesset Feigenson, Nofei Aviv (downstairs in the Ulam Smachot)

WHO: Healthy adults ages 18 to 65 (17 with a parent's note). Other restrictions apply. For details, see our website at www.shemesh.co.il - click the Teddy Bear link on the left!

WHAT TO BRING: Teudat Zehut, Passport, Driver's License

WHAT NOT TO BRING: Please leave your adorable children at home. We don't provide babysitting and a blood donation center can be a dangerous place for small children especially while their parents are donating blood). Arrange a babysitter or swap with a neighbor - you can watch their kids while they donate and they'll watch yours while you donate!

RIDES: Rides to/from the drive can be cheerfully arranged. Please contact me if you'd like a ride. Get a group together and we'll bring all of you!! We've provided rides from as close as the Sheinfeld neighborhood and as far as Netiv HaLamed Hey...so far!
SPONSORS: This drive is generously sponsored by Terri and Gam Kagan l’ilui nishmat Terri’s father Yisrael ben Yishaya Z”L.

REMINDERS: Please contact me if you'd like a reminder phone call, SMS, and/or email about the drive.

ADI: There will be a representative from Adi to sign up people and answer questions about organ donation. This is not connected to the blood drive - you can come to the drive to give blood only, get Adi information only, or both.

TIP OF THE WEEK: Note that MDA tests Hemoglobin levels for BOTH MEN AND WOMEN. If you have trouble with your iron count (Hemoglobin), go to the Kupat Cholim today thru Wednesday this week and ask your doctor for a CBC (Complete Blood Count). It is one small tube of blood and the results usually come back within a day. Get a printout and bring it to the drive. If the Hemoglobin level is 12.0 or higher (for women) or 13.0 or higher (for men), MDA will honor this result and will not test you at the drive! If the result is lower, come anyway - you never know...you could test 12.0/13.0 or higher at the drive!

BONUS TIP OF THE WEEK: Keep eating those dark green veggies, flax seeds, sesame seeds, tehina, sushi (or anything with a sea vegetable), and meat to help raise your hemoglobin level!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call me at 0547826332 or email me. If I don't know the answer, I'll refer you to the wonderful folks at MDA.
Please check out our website for a list of Frequently Asked Questions - www.shemesh.co.il/bd/BloodDriveQandA-2.html.

See you at the drive!!!
Deb Weisblatt (for the Bet Shemesh Blood Drive Committee)