[RBS] Arabs in the neighborhood

David Derovan derovan at netvision.net.il
Mon Apr 30 16:45:38 IDT 2012

Please do not get carried away with arguing about racism or apartheid.

The reality we face is as follows: On Friday, the last day of Pesach, our
house was burglarized. There were 10 of us sleeping in the house. They
entered every bedroom and did not wake up anyone. They wore gloves and left
no fingerprints. They stole cash, a cellphone and our car. (What happened
with the car is a very long saga and is for another time.)

This afternoon, my neighbor from downstairs told me that this morning,
Monday, April 30, he was returning from the market at 10:30 am - middle of
the morn and surprised two burglars who ran away when he tried to get into
his house. But you have bars - soragim - I asked. He said they left behind a
standard crow bar that they used to pry open the soragim. The police arrice
within a minute after he called, but the two burglars had already
disappeared up the street.

This is the reality. So let's not waste our breath on either anger about
what someone else says or about whom they said it.

First of all, let's be extra AWARE and vigilant.

Second, anyone and that means ANYONE, irrespective of race, religion or
attire, who looks suspicious must be photographed - if you can - and
REPORTED IMMEDIATELY to the police.

Do not automatically decide that this is only our cousins who are trying to
break in. Our brothers are also guilty.

Keep your doors locked during the day.

Be safe! And don't leave valuables or car keys lying around.

May God protect us!