[RBS] Water Bill - FYI

Nachum Duchin assets at actcom.co.il
Tue Dec 4 21:34:55 IST 2012

Our water bill doubled for the billing period August-September (8/9).

Mei Shemesh instructed me to turn off all water faucets in the house and
then check the water meter to see if the 'butterfly' is spinning.  It was
not moving and seemingly there was no leak.

They then instructed me to put in a request for Mei Shemesh to check that
the water meter was working properly. This had to be done in person and I
did not put in this request.

Fast forward a few weeks:  The apartment immediately next to the water meter
closet (located inside of the building) had leakage into their internal wall
(retivut), coming from our water pipes located next to the meter.

It was determined that upon installing a new water meter the pipe was not
fully tightened.

I went to Mei Shemesh with the paid receipt from the plumber which stated
that the pipe was not retightened fully upon installing the new water meter.

Mei Shemesh stated that they will bring the receipt with the complaint to
their "Yoetz Mishpatit" and might pay for the plumber's repair bill.  They
will let me know.

Additionally, after two water billing periods pass (after Sept/Oct's bill
that was high), they will average out November/December's bill and
January/February's bill and reimburse the difference in the average.

This will not be done automatically, though:  I have to call at the end of
February and bring it to their attention.

*Thanks to Josh Strahl of Royal Flush Plumbing for his thorough and
professional service!!

Chaya

No virus found in this message.