[RBS] Internet and Social Media Healthy Use -- support groups or maybe classes forming!

JFS office at jfsisrael.org
Sun Dec 16 19:21:05 IST 2012

Anyone in your family spend a suspicious amount of time on the
internet?  Do they show patterns of hiding their tracks. or denying overuse?

Do they visit appropriate sites for inappropriate reasons?  What about
outright inappropriate sites?

Maybe you don't have a clue?  You should!

And how would you assess how much time the internet is taking from other
normal healthy things in life?

THERE ARE MANY CONCERNS, AND NO ONE SHOULD BECOME TRAPPED IN BAD OR
DANGEROUS HABITS -- WE ALL DESERVE TO LIVE WITHOUT THAT HANDICAP.

And.... because "social media" are so acceptable, an every day part of
many lives, this is the one addiction we can actually think of as
NORMAL.  But it is NOT NORMAL and it is not healthy either.

Please email if you are a woman, teen, or man, who suffers from Internet
Overuse.  We intend to open three or four support groups to deal with
this insidious problem, and to get our thinking and budgeting of time,
back into normal and healthy bounds.  We may decide to run this as
classes, depending on how many of you respond.

So, hit reply, and include name, email address, city where you live, and
a working phone number.

We will keep you posted as to what groups form, and when / where.

We need to take this seriously as a community, because social media
surely has found us!

A good week.... BE"H....

--
Jewish Family Services
Your Agency for Therapy and Social Work Services

02.999.9330
email:  office at jfsisrael.org