[RBS] Result of Rav Kav update

Peretz Dissen peretzd at actcom.co.il
Mon Dec 17 14:21:58 IST 2012

Here's a summary of how it went:

I went to the Superbus office in the BS Merkaz (8 HaNasi - near the post
office), with a few cards from the family.
First line - to print out new cards. They were printed from what was stored
in the system, with the same pictures. You will need your Teudat Zehut.
Next line - to transfer the fares from the old cards to the new ones. They
totalled up all the Superbus fares remaining on all the cards, and gave me
a sum total of the value. They couldn't just transfer whatever fares
(Nikuvim) remained to the new cards, but let me choose to which cards to
credit them. Caveat - they can only be credited in the amount of whole
Kartisim, which means I had to add money. If you are doing this for
multiple cards, it may add up to a large sum.
Re the fares from other companies, they did not transfer the fares as I was
told by the Superbus representative over the phone. Instead they gave me a
form which contains the old ID(s) of the expired card(s), and states that
Superbus cancelled these cards. This will have to be brought to the offices
of the other companies where they will look up the records on their system,
and hopefully credit it to the new cards.
The cards of the series of ID# beginning with 2011 are the ones that are
expiring.

I was told that the new cards have no expiration, but hesitate to believe
this, based on the other misinformation I was given.

They also mentioned that the design faults are from Misrad HaTachbura
(Transportation ministry) and they should be the ones receiving any
complaints about the poor design (Fashla to be more precise), which IMHO
includes the following:
- No expiration date was printed on the cards, nor was there warning given
- not when the card was used, nor by mail, even though they have complete
contact information on their system.
- Superbus limits credits to complete Kartisim. Dan allows any sum over 30
NIS. Not sure about Egged. Since Rav Kav is national this should be uniform.
- As a national program, the Rav Kav should not have a linkage to a
particular bus company, and should allow renewing the cards at any Rav Kav
station, and transferring fares from any company.
- All companies' representatives should have clear information and know the
policies to convey to the customers who contact them.
- The form of purchasing based on which 'Kartis'/line should be stopped,
rather it should be like the rest of the world, where a sum of money is
added to the card, and the fare of the bus/train is reduced from the card.

Hope this helps. Time to contact Misrad HaTachbura and get the run around
and various excuses...
Kol Tuv,
Peretz