[RBS] My Gmail/yahoo/anymail account was hacked

Hillel Real Estate hillelrealestate at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 10:29:42 IST 2012

If you opened a link in an email and now your Gmail (or other mail service)
does not work, this article may be useful to you, check out how to fix it at
this link:-

http://www.infosecisland.com/blogview/15182-What-To-Do-If-Your-Gmail-Account
-Has-Been-Hacked.html

Remember - do not open any link in an email if you are not sure it was
actually sent by the person from whom it seems to come from. I was caught
out about a month ago and I worked in computers for nine years. If I could
be caught anyone could! This is a very clever hack and I suspect some logic
in the hack send you a message based on the type of business it thinks you
may be in - I'm in the real estate business and got an email from another
realtor about "cheap properties" - I opened the link and next thing my Gmail
was hacked. It turns out that he didn't send it but perhaps he had opened
the same email. The purpose of the hacking is to send spam advertising. They
hack your account - your emails get disrupted and besides for sending their
advertising message to all the people in your address book -and then to all
those in all the recipients, if they open it, it does cause your Gmail
account to cease to function normally.
Items go to the deleted/trash folder via a filter place by the hack and you
miss important emails.

Btw. Please do NOT call me for advice on this hack - only call me if you
wish to buy or sell a home or make a donation to Hatzala Beit Shemesh! There
is enough info online on how to deal with this type of problem.

Hillel (Andrew) Abrahams
Hillel Real Estate & Investments
Mobile 0545.720.391

E-mail messages may contain viruses, worms, or other malicious code. By
reading the message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full
responsibility for taking protective action against such code. Sender is not
liable for any loss or damage arising from this message. The information in
this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended
solely for the addressee(s). Access to this e-mail by anyone else is
unauthorized.