[RBS] last night's film

Phil'n'Chanie Rosenfelder philnchanie at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 09:46:33 IST 2012

We want to publicly thank all the oskim b'tzorchei tzibbur who brought the
film "Naf, street kid" to our community centre last night

We all want to believe that Our Children wil never get to such a situation
And we all want to believe that if teh Social Services were run correctly,
they could save any child who does reach that point
But the truth is,
there are no guarantees
And it is not clear that Naftali's mother actually threw him out of the
house,
perhaps she told him her house rules and he decided that he was not
interested in being "limited", so he left

In other words, we a parents might not actually be able to prevent a child
from running to the street of his own choice

And, social services, no matter how well funded or run, can never
give the comprehensive environment , love, faith , framework,
relationships, etc that a child might need

Therefore, we as parents have the obligation to learn tools and skills, to
help with each individual child - and each child's needs are unique
And, as humans in society, we have the obligation to look for those
children whose parents do not have the good fortune to find the keys to
their hearts
and
connect with them,
provide a listening ear
believe in them , so that they can learn  to believe in themselves and in
others

here in Beit Shemesh, we are blessed with two wonderful resources
the Parents' School, to give us tools to enhance our relationships with our
own children
and
training programs to learn how to volunteer with the youth through Sayeret
Horim and Ele"m (and those tools are also helpful with our own children)

Please, use these resources
and join us volunteering
for the sake of all of Am Yisrael

NB: to all our non-local friends, to arrange a screening of the movie,
speak to Moshe Alafi, the director (he spoke after the movie, and shared
some very important things)
052-2631128