[RBS] Hatzala, Hatzala Beit Shemesh, Hatzala RBS, Ichud Hatzala - aarrrggghhh ...

Ephrayim Naiman ejnaiman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 23:21:08 IST 2012

Thank you Nachum for the summary of the various Hatzala organizations below.
I've included it below for completeness.

Based on the information I received from various people - I would
agree with almost everything written below.

They're both excellent organizations but do different things.
Ichud Hatzala deals mainly with equipment and Hatzala BS deals with
emergency care and transportation.
Many, if not most responders are associated with/through both
organizations and some triply listed with Magen David Adom as well.

Overall, if you had to allocate monies, probably Hatzala Bet Shemesh
is more directly helping you locally.  Certainly they have a weaker
financial position than Ichud Hatzala and therefore could use more of
our local help.

That being said, from everything I've heard, Ichud Hatzala is also an
excellent organization and provides valuable equipment that also
directly helps us well.

I was told that Hatzala BS *does* receive equipment from Ichud and
therefore *is* helped when we donate to Ichud - though at a lesser
level since Ichud is national.  (If someone from could clarify this
last point - that would be helpful.)

-Ephrayim Naiman
ejnaiman at gmail.com