[RBS] Something is quite wrong here

Shmuel Rothenberg rothenberg_marty at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 25 21:56:02 IST 2012

Aside from our sad social milieu, there seems to be a growing and serious issue of public safety in our community.  Stones thrown at people and buses.  Riots on the street with fires.  Sounds like the South Bronx, but it's right here in sunny Israel.

Travel with care, and use an extra measure of caution.

How do we engage our leaders in improving our basic and simple safety?

25-Jan - Woman injured by ultra-Orthodox mob in RBS-B
http://www.jpost.com/NationalNews/Article.aspx?id=255045

15-Jan - stone throwing riots in RBS-B after leaders arrested
http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/hundreds-of-ultra-orthodox-protesters-block-roads-throw-stones-in-beit-shemesh-1.407480

29-Dec - riots and fires in RBS-B
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4168902,00.html