[RBS] Question about Air Conditioner Technician fixing dripping unit (big price difference)

Yaacov Silverstein ysilverstein at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 09:37:30 IDT 2012

Hi,

I am a bit confused and maybe someone could help clarify for me.

We have a split unit Tadiran air conditioner which is dripping water.  From
what I understand, the cause is probably because of a blocked drainage pipe
that needs to be cleaned/cleared.

I called a few local Beit Shemesh technicians and the price quotes that I
received are between 400-550 shekels.

I then called up Tadiran and Elrom to see how much they charge and they
told me that for a visit of a technician to clean/clear air conditioner,
the price is 250 shekels (including VAT) as long as no parts are needed.

Does anyone know why locally the price is almost double or more...am I
missing something?

TIA,

Yaacov
RBSA Resident