[RBS] I agree 100 %

Harry greenspan rabbispan at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 16 21:27:52 IDT 2012

...with the comments by the Buckmans regarding Bet Knesset Feigenson's wonderful program with HaRav Adin Steinsaltz in dialogue with HaRav Tzvi Hersh Weinreb-                                                                       One of the topics was: "Why is it OK to use translations and other aids?"                                                                     However,both Rabbanim made it abundantly clear that the ultimate GOAL is to reach a level of INDEPENDENT study without these aids--I beg to differ FORCEFULLY with the attitude reflected by some of the questioners that as an adult,and a baal-teshuva,this goal is UNATTAINABLE--I have been training intelligent & highly-motivated adults for 30 years to actualize a goal of learning "gemara lashon" in order to become confident & competent in studying Rashi on Chumash,Mishne Berura and Gemara itself--It is a pity that our  society is permeated with the attitude that those of us who discovered the
 beauty of Torah observance as adults will never be able to study serious Torah texts with their Yeshiva-educated children and grand-children !  If you want to be introduced to individuals who HAVE done it,and you wish to learn HOW to do this,please contact me--Rabbi H Greenspan   rabbispan at yahoo.com