[RBS] kids' acitivities at nights

Phil'n'Chanie Rosenfelder philnchanie at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 23:29:28 IDT 2012

this is in response to a resident's email, stating that the kids need
outlets, and that in ra'anana there is stuff for kids to do after 11pm

i myself wrote that it is normal and healthy for teens to hang out
outside at night.  and i am very very very happy that the city opened
a moadon noar, with strict supervision, in the old maon under the rbs
matnas.

that said, i am also happy that the moadon closes its doors at about 10pm.

we are not trying to encourage this generation of kids to live the
"high lief".  yes, they need activities, and BH they are finally
getting them.
 but
they also need homes and parents, and at 11pm, parents should be
expecting their kids to come home already.

yes, there are families in which the kids suffer.  and for that, we
have the sayeret horim.  So that those kids whoe homes are NOT healthy
for them, can have positive adults to talk to late at night.
 we are there, and we HAVE TO  be there, for those kids who need us.

but for the normative kids, the kids from  functional, loving homes,
and also for those  who can "easily" be brought back to normative
behaviour, we want to encourage normative, healthy lifestyles.  and
that means going to sleep eventually, adn havign godo activities
during daylight and evening hours during the summer, not in the wee
hours.

lets' all work together to ensure that all  kids have productive
things to do during the summer DAYS, sot that they don't need to fill
themselves up davka at night.