[RBS] Summer Family Workshops at Saidels Bakery & ordering for Shabbat

Sheryl Saidel shezles at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 20 13:30:08 IDT 2012

This summer, during the months of July and August, Saidels Bakery will once again be conducting our popular baking workshops for children, adults and the entire family.

The topic of this year's family workshop is "Flatbreads From Around the World".

It is a 3 hour journey through time, beginning in the Nile Basin with the discovery of yeast by an ancient Egyptian housewife who accidentally left her dough overnight to discover that it had risen the next day. We will be exploring the flatbreads of the Middle East, pita and lafa (Iraqi pita). Following that we will swing east to discover the spices of the Orient as we bake authentic Indian naan bread in a real tandoor oven. You will learn about the staple food of Ethiopia, injera, and finally, the famous Mexican flatbread - tortillas. You will be baking these breads yourselves using the original and authentic ovens, the Arabian "saj" for baking lafa, the brick oven for pita and the tandoor for naan.

Enjoy a unique, hands-on experience peppered with interesting facts and stories by master baker Les Saidel and leave with a basket full of authentic, ethnic breads and recipes to enjoy (and bake more of) at home with the rest of the family.

A Saidels Bakery workshop is the perfect day's outing for the entire family. Come enjoy the clean country air and beautiful Shomron scenery, spend an unforgettable 3 hours in a passage through time baking your own exotic breads and then enjoy a scrumptious meal at our cafe. Many people have told us that our workshop was the highlight of their summer vacation and some even book months in advance. It is also the perfect opportunity to take a tour of our unique bakery.

Price of the workshop: 50 NIS per person. Family discount for 3 (or more) family members - 40 NIS per person.

Call 7941222 to reserve a spot.

Saidels Bakery will also be repeating our popular workshops for adults during the summer months -

* Health and baking - bake the healthy way, ingredient selection and techniques
* Advanced challah baking - for the beginner or advanced home baker
* The craft of artisan bread baking - baking the old fashioned way

Price of the adult workshops: 75 NIS per person. Family discount for 3 (or more) family members - 50 NIS per person.

Call 7941222 to reserve a spot.

Tired of the same old challahs? Try a Saidels Health Challah!

Saidels Bakery have a yummy selection of artisan, hand baked challot that are really healthy for the whole family. Each challah contains organic whole wheat flour, stone ground by us in our bakery each day, brimming with wheat germ, bran, lecithin, vitamins and minerals.

But don't buy them for their health benefits; buy them for the exquisite home-made taste and quality that only an old fashioned brick oven and a small family bakery can provide. Our challahs really have that "old-world" flavour and quality that you just can't find in the stores.

Try our -
Sweet Challah and sweet rolls
Cinnamon & Raisin challah
Whole Wheat and Honey Challah and rolls
Whole wheat cinnamon & raisin challah
Savoury whole wheat challah
Rye Challah
Honey, Apple and Raisin Challah
Hazelnut challah
Mini Challah

We also have a variety of other health breads (including our Rambam Bread), bagels,bialys, cookies, quiches and apple pies.

Saidels is offering a new line of FRESHLY milled whole grain flours that are milled in our stone mill in our bakery - it doesn't come fresher than that. We offer a wide range of different flours, whole wheat, spelt, finely ground, coarsely ground. We even offer sifted white flour (no more need for sifting at home) - all at incredibly LOW prices.

Order now at tel: 09-7941222 or visit our website and order online at http://saidels.com and read more about our unique bakery. Our website contains photos and nutritional info about all our products.

We deliver to Ramat Bet Shemesh every Friday. We have a pick-up point and we also offer deliveries to your door (for a 10 NIS delivery fee).

Our pick-up point in Ramat Bet Shemesh is at:
Hadine and Andrew Gordon, Nachal Shimshon 12/1.
Tel: 9997643.  14:00-16:00

Shabbat Shalom
Les and Sheryl Saidel
Saidels Bakery "baked with love"