[RBS] LVL Mercaz Rakefet needs volunteers for the Toy Library - teen and adult, short term and long term.

Rochel Black atrblack at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 24 12:53:19 IDT 2012

 Mercaz Rakefet Child Development Center, located in the Ramat Bet Shemesh A shopping center has opened a toy lending library for the use of the community. As a result of a grant from bituach leumi we were able to transform the miklat on our floor to magical playroom full with over 300 toys and games for children of all ages. The toys are cataloged by name, purpose and therapeutic goals as well as age appropriateness.

 We encourage children who are in therapy at Mercaz Rakefet to borrow games from our library as an adjunct to their therapy programs, however it is open to the entire community. Many families, especially those with large families, can not afford to buy a large assortment of games and toys. By borrowing and exchanging games weekly or bi-weekly, they can enrich their child's play environment at almost no cost.

The toy library is currently open three days a week. We would like to open it for two more afternoons (4 till 7) and are seeking committed regular volunteers who would be able to operate the library during those hours.

 Responsibilities include checking toys in and out of our computer system (it is a very easy system and we will obviously train you), checking each returned box for missing pieces and advising parents about new games to take home (an added bonus, if you don’t feel comfortable with that part, its ok).

 Ideally we would like the volunteers to start in July and continue with us after the summer. If you are interested in volunteering, but don’t want to commit till the fall, please let us know as well.

 Emma Link
Development Coordinator
Ligdol V'Lifroach Child and Family Services
02-992-0947
www.ligdolvlifroach.org

Ligdol V'Lifroach is a non-profit organization serving the Greater Beit Shemesh Community.