[RBS] Money saving tip re: electricity hike

Shira and Dani Schijveschuurder shirandani at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 09:51:46 IST 2012

As we are all aware, the electricity tariff is going up once again on 1st
April by a further 8.9% - the price rise since the summer (2011) is now
25%. This is not an email about fairness, or the legal side, or anything
like that. This is a simple tip though that will save you a little bit.

The bills are being sent out for the February March period right now.
Sometimes, they are prepared by estimation, which in a month before a price
hike can err on the low side, so that they can reap the benefit the
following month at the higher price. I suggest, that sometime before the
1st April (ie this week), you pay the meter at its true level, ie take a
reading yourself, and either call up chevrat chasmal, or do it yourself
online. You can even go one step further .... prepay!!! If you have some
extra cash available, why not state a higher reading, effectively paying
next months higher price at the current lower price - beat them at their
own game!

To read the meter and pay online: go to www.iec.co.il
On the right hand side click on קריאת מונה
And follow the instructions. You will need to know the date that your last
bill was prepared, the number of your meter (available on your bill), as
well as the last meter reading (number on last bill). Or just call 103 and
give them the reading.

The higher the current reading you give, the more you save (with the caveat
that you will obviously have to pay upfront)!

--
Sent from my mobile device, so please excuse all typos; and no,
Schijveschuurder is not a typo!!!