[RBS] The Supermarket Queue (and how to enjoy it!)

Reuven Grantz reuven at pcplustech.co.il
Sun Mar 25 15:46:13 IST 2012

                                         .
       You're at the supermarket checkout, waiting in line. and it's a
VERY LONG LINE. There are six people in front of you, each with two
full carts. The kupait is obviously fairly new at the job. It's taking
her twice as long as her colleagues to get each customer through.
Impatiently you keep glancing at your watch, taking care to stick
close to the person in front of you so that nobody can sneak in and
make you wait even longer.
     The people around you seem pretty upset.
     "This is totally unacceptable" says someone. "Why can't they
open more kupot?"
     Someone else provides his own answer: "Well, they don't really
care about the customers. All they want is to save money."
     "We should all complain to the management," says number three.
     You think: "all this talk does not help me at all.  It's all
nonsense. They're not doing this on purpose, and sending complaints
will definitely not help me now. This is something I have no control
over.  I'm better staying calm."
     Good advice – but you're finding some difficulty in following
it.  Despite your best efforts, you're also starting to feel
irritated.
     "I don't really want to," you think "and all this bad energy
around me isn't helping.  But what are my options?"
     Then, you remember you have your cellphone with you, and that
you heard once that you can read books on it with an application
called Kindle. You search for the app, and within a minute it's on
your phone. You are pleasantly surprised to see how easy it is to read
from it. You can change the font to any size you want as well as
changing the background color. You click on the free classics, and
choose Aesop's Fables. You click on the picture of the book and you're
already reading it.
     You read about the fox that told himself the grapes were sour
after he was unable to reach them, and you read about the wolf that
ate the lamb even after he had no excuses left.
     "Wow", you say to yourself, "this is so true."
     You get to the story about the man and the statue, and as you
read the lion's response, you hear an irritated voice behind you.
     "Wake up, it's your turn. We don't have all day, you know."
     "Oh, I'm sorry," you say, smiling, as you take the items from
your cart.  People around you look surprised. What is there to be so
happy about?  We've been waiting for 40 minutes!
     "Amazing how time flies," you think, "when you're having fun.
When is my next opportunity to wait in line?"

    * (Written by Reuven Grantz on a cellphone, while having nothing
better to do)

* ---------------------

*How I can help you?
*       I have over 10 years experience in the computer field. Whether you
need a computer or smartphone repair, upgrade, speedup and the like,
or are looking to see if technology can aid your personal or
professional life, contact me at the number or email below, and I will
do my best to meet your needs.

Reuven Grantz,
Owner, PC Plus
Independent Computer Technology

054-976-1606
reuven at pcplustech.co.il

Computers, Smartphones & Tablets - Services & Solutions

.