[RBS] Demystify Home Maintenance and Take Control of the Cost of Maintaining Your Home! For: Men. Women and Mature Teens!

Ellen Segal ellensegal at netvision.net.il
Sun May 13 10:16:24 IDT 2012

Are you tired of waiting for a repairman to fix something you just know you
could do on your own-with some instruction?
Do you want to take control of the cost of maintaining your home?
Were you handy before making aliyah but are now mystified by Israeli
plumbing, electricity, walls and supplies?
Join our course and take the mystery out of home maintenance in a fun,
relaxed and supportive environment.
Yes, you can:
Build Ikea furniture yourself!
Put up your own shelves (straight!)
Save hundreds of shekels repairing a leaky faucet or a running toilet and
changing your own water filter.
Feel proud that you did it yourself, tried something new, and acquired new
skills.
And you'll know when to hire a professional and what quality of workmanship
you can expect when you do.
Some of the topics the course covers: Drilling into concrete and geves,
windows, treiss repair, toilets, faucets, spackling and tiling (new!), and
wiring your own extension cord. English/Hebrew/Slang terminology. Knowing
your tools, how to use them safely and what to use them for.

NEW: July morning course: we'll meet twice a week, Mondays and Thursdays for
the first three weeks in July.
Perfect for teachers on vacation. Great for high school graduates moving to
sherut leumi apartments.
We have run very successful mixed groups: men, women and mature teens are
welcome.
For course syllabus and details please write: homerepairclass at gmail.com

The course is a unique combination of lectures and hands-on learning -
you'll know why things work the way they do and how to maintain and fix
them.

This is what past participants have to say about the benefits:
"This is the coolest thing I have ever done!"
"I finally feel confident doing stuff myself."
"I learned how to fine tune skills I already had."
"That course was one of the best things I've done since we moved to Beit
Shemesh!"
"Besides being interesting, informative and hands-on, we learned how to do
many simple home repairs that I felt intimidated to do before. I decided to
keep track of money I've saved by doing some things by myself (like hanging
pictures or installing a folding door) and within two months I had more than
made up the cost of the class!"

Course created and given by: Uriel "Master Handyman" and Ellen Segal
Ellen and Uriel Segal
DIY Classes
homerepairclass at gmail.com