[RBS] An Urgent Appeal From Lema'an Achai

Avrohom avrohom at lemaanachai.org
Sun May 20 11:53:39 IDT 2012

Smart Chesed has dramatically improved the lives of hundreds of families. By
teaching them "how to fish", Lema'an Achai has assisted these people by
bringing them through,then out, of crisis.

Over the past 2 months an average of 2-3 families have turned to Lema'an
Achai
every week knowing that with Smart Chesed they will receive not just a
handout but a "hand up" to empower rather than entitle them. These are in
addition to the 200 families currently benefiting from Smart Chesed
programs.

Each family that Lema'a Achai accepts is a commitment of time and resource
amounting to an average of 20,000 NIS (about 5,500 USD) a year.

20 new families have come to Lema'an Achai asking us to help them build a
future for them and their children.

Take Jack and Libby. They are struggling to make ends meet watching their
monthly overdraft grow at an alarming rate. Putting food on their table and
a roof over their heads has become a daily challenge. We know that Smart
Chesed can provide them the tools to overcome their situation.

What about Ruth? As a single mother with 4 children Ruth would like to be a
provider to her family. She doesn't have money for rent let alone the
resources to finish her degree to enable her to earn a viable salary.

We are short 400,000 NIS (about 100,000 USD) to be able to help these
families help themselves to stand on their own.

I can not accept these families if I won't be able to commit to be with them
all of the way.

This isn't simply charity. It is an investment in this family and their
future. THIS is the highest form of helping another.

Please give generously and enable me to tell them YES, we can and will help
you!

You can give your tax deductible (and Maaser Kesafim) donation by visiting
our website at www.smartchesed.org.

Please encourage your friends to do the same.

Thank you for your sincere concern and generous response.

Sincerely,

Rabbi Avrohom Leventhal
Lema'an Achai
www.smartchesed.org