[RBS] army service for kids with special needs

Phil'n'Chanie Rosenfelder philnchanie at gmail.com
Wed May 23 10:00:48 IDT 2012

we are now in a lecture by Galia Bukchin about army service fro kids with
ASD - some of this  is also relevant for kids with ADHD

she started the lecture by pointing outthat sicne a law was passed several
years ago to protect people's privacy, teh army gets NO information abotu
potential soldiers EXECEPT if they were diagnosed by age 16 with
schizophrenia (in Israel).   Medical history, special needs, suicide
attempts, physiocal handicaps, family history of violence - none of this
goes to the army unless the parents inform the army themselves.

her website
http://www.stepforward.co.il/%D7%94%D7%A0%D7%94%D7%9C%D7%AA-%D7%94%D7%97%D7%91%D7%A8%D7%94,10.html

if you have any suspicion that your child will have emotional distress when
being told off by his Makit, or a zooboo from the other guys,
i recommend that you check out her website and maybe even meet with her
personally

dh and I  met with her when our oldest son got his tzav rishon, and she
explaine hwo the army looks at their soldiers ("the army is NOT  a rehab
centre"), what sort of service kids get if they are not combat soldiers,
what punishments aspie kids have gotten for stupid things that aspies say
(including jail), and what we as parents have a responsibility to do for
our child and CAN do to give our chidl a GOOD experience contributing to
OUR country.

Galia's organization helps in many areas of the ASD person's developing
independence.
I strongly recommend attending her lectures, meeting with her perrsonally,
anything to help our kids even if they don't have an oficial diagnosis of
ASD / asperger's / PDD