[RBS] International License Info

Naomi Persky naopersky at hotmail.com
Tue May 29 20:20:16 IDT 2012

I received varied answers and thought I should share them.
~Naomi

Go to a MEMSI office (there is one in J'lem at the end of Bezalel,
on the right side of the street if you are going towards Ben Yehuda/King Georgre).
They do is on the spot and it costs about 30 NS.
We were in and out in about 15 minutes.
You can get an international license at any Memsi office.
They will
 give it to you on the spot. Membership is free for the first year.
 Below is the link to find the office closest to you.http://www.memsi.co.il/heb/about-memsi-branches/

I got one a few years ago at the main post office in bet shemesh
it is a piece of paper that you keep with license
I don't remember the cost I believe it's the only place to get it.
In the end I did not even need it
as all the car rental companies abroad accepted my regular Israeli license
( I got one for car rental purposes).
I brought my license and money they did not need a picture but maybe call to confirm At the central post office in Beit Shemesh.
Just go along with your regular licence and they process
your request on the spot.
 cannot remember what else I took with me,
 but I am of the opinion that
one takes one's entire
household with to process an application,
just incase they ask for a
document (and thereby saving the bother of returning another day with
the said document).
 I will lighten your burden and suggest that you take
 at least 2 passport sized photos and any/all
passports you possess.
 At the worst, your bag was a little heavier.
There is a fee – cannot remember how much
(I did this about 4 years ago. Assume it will be in the
region of 50-100 NIS, but could be less).
Please forgive me but are you sure you need one, why can’t you use your Israeli one.
I travel all over usa/uk/south Africa/Canada and rent cars with my Israeli DL and it fine.

Main post office in old Bet Shemesh.
 Takes how ever long you wait in
the line -- they do it on the spot.
 Cost about 15 shekels last time I
did it.

I went to Memsi on Ben Yehuda Street.Who's name changes to
Batsal'el Street.
Coming from Rehov Yaffa on King George Street, go down
King George go to Ben Yehuda
which is on the other side of the little park with
the Metal Horse Statute cross Ben Yehuda & take a right
& go
up the hill.Memsi will be just around the curve on Ben Yehuda & it's there
on the left side.
You go into the Office, wait in Line (if there is
one).  You hand them your Israeli Driver's License.
They type something
into the computer,when it's printed out, they hand it to you and you hand them
10 N.I.S.
They hand you the change & you walk out the
door.
If you know Jerusalem at all , you might be able to get
there another way.
 I gave you the most recognizable way to get
there.
The main post office in the center of town. It just takes a few
minutes, not including waiting on line.