[RBS] method of break in?

Petite Safranit petite.safranit at verizon.net
Mon Nov 5 22:43:11 IST 2012

       It is very upsetting to hear of these many recent break-ins so it
would be helpful if we, the list, could be told HOW the thief(ves)
actually broke into the residence, what kind of residence
(semi-detached, apartment, single family, duplex...) and the floor
entered (1st, 2nd, 3rd...6th, etc), through a window - attic, bedroom,
bathroom, kitchen - or door - front, side, rear, mirpesset (which
mirpesset), were doors and windows locked, was the door, window, roof
broken in or forced open with a tool, was there an UNSUCCESSFUL attempt
at a break-in and why do you think it was thwarted? Do not use your name
or address in these reports...
       We must be aware of how these slimebags are getting in. We must
also be united as a citizen's watch group, patrol, or joint purchasers
of alarms, video cameras and very secure locks. We must be aware of all
suspicious-looking  people and report their movements. A very important
thing is KNOW YOUR NEIGHBORS - NEXT DOOR, UPSTAIRS DOWNSTAIRS, why not
the whole building! Make it a point to introduce yourself /and/ your
family, share phone numbers, tell a trusted neighbor if you will be away
for a day or longer so your mail will be taken care of,  your door knob
tested, and general watching of property. This will also provide a
"safe" place for your child to go in an emergency. Lock, lock, lock your
doors and windows when not home. Use timers for lights (and radios on
loud) to go on and off sporadically
       Some apt buildings have in-house, or neighborhood, email lists
and list serves for communication purposes, questions, advice,
recommendations, complaints, and solutions so everyone can be aware of
what is happening in the area. Buy a "Beware of the dog" sign (in Ivrit,
Arabic, and English) and have a tape of a dog barking wired to your
buzzer. Sometimes, fake alarm stickers or video cameras can be a
deterant. Just a caveat, if, chas v'shalom a home is broken into, DO NOT
TOUCH ANYTHING (or use plastic gloves or  handkerchief - don't rub!),
you could disturb fingerprints or M.Os.  These break-ins can be stopped
if we are informed, motivated, unified and watch out for each other!