[RBS] An Open Letter to Mayor Abutbul - Invitation to Attend a TOWN MEETING this SUNDAY at the MATNAS 8PM

Larry P p.larry at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 02:29:11 IST 2012

An Open Letter to Mayor Abutbul

Invitation to attend a TOWN MEETING to be held this SUNDAY evening at the
MATNAS at 8PM in the LIBRARY or TOWN HALL ROOM

I write to you at this time to express a number of concerns I have for the
residents of Ramat Beit Shemesh.

 In fact, what is prompting me to write to you again Mr. Mayor, at this
time, is that I believe the residents of our City are in a collective state
of danger as evidenced by the ongoing and widespread robberies that are
occurring, in multiple locations, and with greater frequency and bravado,
in `perimeter`` areas of Ramat Beit Shemesh.

Mr. Mayor, I believe the most basic responsibilities of any Mayor is to
ensure (a) community-wide safety, (b) local job creation and work
opportunities
suitable to the local residents,  and (c) proper and sufficient community
services and infrastructure.

Regrettably, I do not see the above being sufficiently accomplished in the
years I have lived in RBS, notwithstanding the fact that (a) our city
continues to grow by leaps and bounds in housing-starts and population, and
(b) Ramat Beit Shemesh possesses an incredibly talented array of skilled
and educated professionals, many of whom are first class in their
respective fields of endeavour, and more than a handful who are top in
their field, on a national and even international level.

Putting the above aside, for the moment, we now must deal with an even more
serious problem.  CRIME.  City-wide criminal activity on a near
daily-nightly occurrence.  Break-ins, robberies, and rampant theft, that
the Police advise, and as eye-witness residents confirm, overwhelmingly
comes from our, over the green-line neighbors……many of whom seem to be
working in RBS, including RBS Gimmel.

Just yesterday eight (8) homes were struck on one (1) street in RBS in
broad daylight.  We have an epidemic and it needs to be stopped and NOW.  Each
day that passes puts each resident at greater risk as the criminal element
more and more perceives that this city is not capable of looking after its
citizens.

I call upon you Mr. Mayor, to attend a TOWN MEETING to be held this SUNDAY
evening at the MATNAS at 8PM in the LIBRARY or TOWN HALL (whichever is
available) and I would ask that a representative from the Chief of Police
(NATIONAL) as well as a JUSTICE(or other court official) from the Criminal
Courts and a senior officer in charge of Mateh Yehuda area from the IDF
attend this meeting with you.

I would like for you to consider and explore with legal counsel for the
Municipality as to available legal tools available to you to pass an
executive order temporarily forbidding or restricting for a period of 30
days all foreign Labor to work  in RBS and to enforce fines upon
contractors that employ and import such illegal labor to our City.

As well, I would like the City to invest immediately – this week - in the
safety of its citizens and deploy 10 high-beam flood lights spanning the
perimeter roads of Shederot NaHar HaYarden and Shederot NaHar HaYarkon that
should `light-up`` all the hills facing from RBS Gimmel till Kvish 10 till
the end of the Bnei Beitcha area.  Police intelligence seems to indicate
that most of the perpetrators are hiding in the hills in these dark areas
and strike between 1 am and 6 am.  I would like the City to purchase 20
night vision goggles to distribute to community volunteers prepared to
train and assist the less than adequate numbers of police officers and
police vehicles to patrol our streets.  I would like to discuss with you as
well at this TOWN MEETING about provisions to establish a facility to
`house`` offenders who right now merely get a police escort over the `green
line`` as the Courts are overloaded with cases and penitentiary housing is
booked solid.

Mr. Mayor, soon another 1000 apartments will be built in Ramat Beit Shemesh
Aleph, on our doorstep…..the City must act NOW to put-in place security
measures (eg. perimeter fencing) and consider restrictions on labor force
options that developers will be able to choose from in the construction of
these future projects.

I ask that you consider these matters urgently and attend this town meeting
as the future of our City and the welfare and safety of its citizens is on
the agenda.  These are the kind of issues (safety, jobs, community
services) that will be uppermost on many people`s minds when we vote in the
next election.

I respectfully await your positive reply and thank you in advance for your
active engagement and full support to make our City safe, economically
viable, and service friendly.

Respectfully submitted.

Eliyahu Pinczower

052-244-0792

* *

This communication (and any attachments) is directed in confidence to the
addressee(s) listed above, and may not otherwise be distributed, copied or
used. The contents of this communication may also be subject to
lawyer-client privilege, and all rights to that privilege are expressly
claimed and not waived. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify us by reply e-mail or by telephone and delete this
communication (and any attachments) without making a copy. Thank you.