[RBS] Robbery attempt thwarted on Dolev Friday morning 8AM

Adina spitkyng at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 11:37:59 IST 2012

There was a woman leaving her house this morning to drop off her children
in Gan, and my husband noticed an Arab teenager standing across the street
watching her. My husband approached the Israeli woman and asked if she
knew anything about the recent slew of robberies, she said she had no idea,
and would be careful. The instant she pulled out of her parking spot, the
Arab picked up his phone, my husband walked back to the apartment and
dialed 100 forgetting he had the other number, that Yachad posted in her
many posts, in his phone. As he was giving over the information a cop car
patrolling (yay) the block passed by and my husband called them over, told
them what happened and they short stopped alongside the arab who was
starting to walk away, and threw him in the car.

This woman is very lucky that she had someone keeping their eyes open, and
there should be more people opening their eyes and noticing everything
going on. The situation is absolutely out of hand, and there's no reason it
should take this long for word to get out, and for people to still not
realize its not a joke, and its really happening.

My husband has recently signed up for the Mishmar Ezrachi program, because
that is what we could offer at the moment. Many of you may not have time to
watch the streets and protect this neighborhood with actual patrolling, but
maybe you can give some money to plaster fliers (that apparently have been
prepared but there is not enough money to print, or get them out) all over
the streets and shuls helping people become aware. People are oblivious,
and there is no reason this is not known by every single resident here.

If anyone has any other advice on how else to publicize the robbery
situation here, it would be greatly appreciated. who knows, your neighbor
could be next, or you.

PLEASE PLEASE store this number in your phone in case you see someone
suspicious, 02-990-2223, and 100. If you have a hard time speaking Hebrew,
don't let that stop you, they understand English.
Whatever they end up doing with the Arab with no evidence of committing any
potential crime, whether its just dropping them off at the border, or
holding him in the police station and letting him go free after an hour is
very frustrating, but at least something is being done, and hopefully they
will see we are standing up for ourselves as a group and things will be
done about the situation.

If you have any money to spare, 10 shekel 5 shekel, please contact Yachad
Shifman at jyachad at gmail.com. She will make sure the money gets to where it
needs to be.

Be Safe, and LOCK YOUR DOORS!

Shabbat Shalom